An estimated 1.2 million Hispanics of Colombian beginning lived in the United States in 2017, in accordance with a Pew Research Center analysis for the U.S. Census BureauвЂ™s United states Community Survey. Colombians in this profile that is statistical individuals who self-identified as Hispanics of Colombian beginning; including immigrants from Colombia and people whom trace their loved ones ancestry to Colombia.
Colombians will be the seventh-largest populace of Hispanic origin staying in the usa, accounting for just two% associated with U.S. population that is hispanic 2017. Since 2000, the Colombian-origin population has increased 148%, growing from 502,000 to 1.2 million within the duration. The colombian foreign-born population living in the U.S. grew by 99%, from 383,000 in 2000 to 763,000 in 2017 at the same time. In contrast, Mexicans, the nationвЂ™s largest Hispanic origin team, constituted 36.6 million, or 62%, associated with Hispanic population in 2017.
Colombian-origin population within the U.S., 2000-2017
|Year||international born||U.S. created|
Pew Analysis Center
Listed here key points compare demographic and financial traits for the Colombian-origin population in the U.S. using the traits of U.S. Hispanics in addition to U.S. populace overall. It really is according to Pew analysis Center tabulations associated with 2017 United states Community Survey. Key points consist of:
- Among Hispanics when you look at the U.S., about 33% are international created, compared to 61% of U.S. Colombians.
- About 43percent of foreign-born Colombians will be in the U.S. for more than two decades, and 60% of foreign-born Colombians are U.S. residents.
- About 16% of U.S. Hispanics many years 25 and older have developed at the very least a bachelorвЂ™s level, weighed against 33% of Colombians.
- Among Colombians ages 25 and older, the U.S. born are far more most likely compared to the born that is foreign have bachelorвЂ™s level or more (42% vs. 30%).
- The median annual personal earnings for those ages 16 and older was $25,000, compared with $28,600 for Colombians among U.S. hispanics.
- Taking a look at full-time, year-round workers, U.S. Hispanics attained lower than Colombians ($34,000 vs. $40,000).
- The share of U.S. Hispanics whom are now living in poverty (19%) is higher than among Colombians (11%).
- About 10% of U.S.-born Colombians are now living in poverty, because do 12% of foreign-born Colombians.
- The price of homeownership among U.S. Hispanics (47%) is comparable to the rate for Colombians (48%).
- Among Colombians within the U.S., prices of homeownership are reduced for the U.S. born than international born (48% vs. 49%).
Top states of residence
- The Colombian populace is focused in Florida (31%), New York (14%) and nj-new jersey (12%).
- The median age of U.S. Hispanics (29) is leaner than that of Colombians (37) plus the U.S. populace (38).
- U.S. Hispanics many years 18 and older are less inclined to be hitched (46%) than Colombians (50%).
- Among Colombians many years 18 and older, those people who are international born are more likely to be hitched compared to the U.S. born (56% vs. 36%).
- About 7% of U.S. women that are hispanic 15 to 44 gave delivery into the 12 months ahead of the July 2017 United states Community Survey. The price for Colombian females had been 5%.
- About 70% of U.S. Hispanics many years 5 and older talk just English in the home or talk English at the very least вЂњvery well,вЂќ contrasted with 62% of Colombians.
- Likewise, 64% of Hispanic grownups are English proficient, because are 57% of Colombian grownups.
Down load the info
Other U.S. fact that is hispanic
- Facts on U.S. Latinos
- Origin group-specific reality sheets:
Pew Research CenterвЂ™s reality sheets on U.S. Latinos and the associated we blog post examine the Latino populace for the United States general and also by its 15 biggest origin groups вЂ” Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Salvadorans, Cubans, Dominicans, Guatemalans, Colombians, Hondurans, Spaniards, Ecuadorians, Peruvians, Nicaraguans, Venezuelans, Argentines and Panamanians. These sheets provide detailed geographical, demographic and financial faculties for all Latinos as well as each Latino origin team. They have been centered on Pew Research Center tabulations regarding the U.S. Census BureauвЂ™s 2010, 2015 and 2017 United states Community Survey (ACS) while the 2000 U.S. decennial census.
The ACS could be the household survey that is largest in the us, with an example greater than 3 million details. It covers the subjects formerly covered within the long kind of the decennial census. The ACS is made to offer quotes associated with the size and traits associated with the population https://interracial-dating.net/ourtime-review/ that is resident which include people staying in households and team quarters. For lots more information about the ACS, such as the sampling strategy and connected error, start to see the 2010, 2015 or 2017 United states Community SurveyвЂ™s Accuracy Statement supplied by the U.S. Census Bureau.
The precise information sources of these fact sheets would be the 1% samples of the 2010, 2015 and 2017 United states Community Survey (ACS) Integrated Public utilize Microdata Series (IPUMS) given by the University of Minnesota additionally the 5% test of this 2000 census that is decennial. IPUMS assigns uniform codes, towards the extent feasible, to data collected by the decennial census and the ACS from 1850 to 2017. To learn more about IPUMS, including definition that is variable sampling mistake, please go to the вЂњIPUMS Documentation and User Guide.вЂќ
As a result of variations in the manner in which IPUMS and Census Bureau adjust earnings data and designate poverty status, information supplied on these subjects might vary from information which are provided by the Census Bureau.